Thursday, April 29, 2010

Post Birth Body...

...sans the gory details.

I've read 2 blogs in the past 2 days that have given me and my hips hope! Both claim that not even a full year after giving birth their hips are back to a NORMAL, I repeat NORMAL size...gosh I can't wait.

Getting pregnant and giving birth have changed me forever. And I mean forever. However, I hope there are a few "changes" that are not so permanent:

1. My hips. My hips. My hips. My hips. Ugh, the more I think about them the more I cringe. I have this beautiful closet full of incredible denim and I can't get them past my thighs. Luckily, Chris and I have transformed my mom into trendy and I'm able to borrow jeans from her! =) This springtime weather makes it especially hard, can't quite wear dresses, but too warm for leggings (my pregnancy uniform)

2. My stomach. Or as my loving husband refers to it...my pizza dough. Enough said. (In his defense I gave him the idea for the name, and also refer to it as my pizza dough)

3. My boobs (aka bombs). It's amazing how I am 1 size when I leave the house and another when I get home...Big boobs aren't all they are cracked up to be...seriously, what I would do for my A cup and the option to wear a bra or not...clearly not an option right now. I kept that post as clean as possible...you moms know what I'm talking about.

4. The beautiful birth line. I have a dark line running vertically down my stomach. It wasn't attractive when I was pregnant and it most certainly isn't attractive on my "pizza dough". I hear this can take up to 7 months to go away...7 months really? Doesn't the man upstairs know it's swimsuit season? Because of numbers 2 & 4 I've decided to wear a 1 piece this year...or maybe splurge on a tankini...

We've decided to run a 1/2 marathon. It's in September, which gives me all summer long to train. We ran the same 1/2 a few years back and I loved it. This year though I hope to run my hips and my stomach off....we'll see!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for reinforcing my decision to wait as long as possible to have children!! Just kidding Lauren, I'm sure you look amazing! But seriously, the linea nigra thing freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brutal honesty Lauren! :) Saw you had a blog on facebook and Im so glad I checked it out--that baby is so precious! Ill be a regular blog stalker :) Margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I beg to differ, Lauren! I will testify that you look AWESOME! And that was 2 months ago, just 6 weeks post baby.

    ReplyDelete