Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm a Better Mom...

Because I work. I said it. I mean it. Being a mom is tough. I mean tough...& to think Baby J is everything I dreamed of him being and more, but being a mom is still tough.

Work is not only a way to pay the bills, but it is also a passion. Helping people find the perfect house and eventually (& hopefully quickly) making it their home is rewarding and fulfilling. It's a way to be creative, take a breather, and put my brain to use.

Jack cries. Alot. He eats. Alot. And he wants attention. Alot. I am a better mom because I work. I love to come home to his cries, wake up to nurse, and play with him constantly because I know my hours with our baby boy are limited...

At night I find myself sayng, "There just aren't enough hours in the day". And I mean it.

My house is a wreck. Laundry is dirty. Bed isn't made. But my Baby J is happy, full and laughing. Life is good. My handsome better half is wonderful, helpful, and encouraging. Life is good. My brain is challenged, stretched, and put to work in the office. Life is good.

I hope soon I'm able to take care of our home, keep Baby Jack happy, Christopher happy, and be the best I can be at work.

Until then...close your eyes when you walk into our house & DON'T open our bedroom door!

Side Note: Jack stays with his awesome GMA while I'm at work. This makes me happy and rest assured knowing he's in loving hands. I know he's being taken care of while I'm trying to be the best mom I can be...at work.

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister. I think being a Mom is hands down the hardest job we'll ever have. But we've got to be the best version of ourself to be the best mom we can be...whether that means working full time, part time, or staying at home. 8 months in, I can't promise the "keeping the house clean/laundry" challenge gets any easier-but one thing is for sure...our babies keep growing. So love on him every chance you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this blog! I never knew how incredibly creative you are! I LOVE your stories and messages and think you should write books (in all your free time!). I would be first in line at your book signing.
    Jack is the luckiest kid around. And you guys are pretty lucky, too, to have that beautiful guy in your life. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete