Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Baseball Tonight

There is no denying it...I'm a bonafide sports fan. You name it I like it. Almost. Just don't go signing me up for NASCAR...I don't get it.

Each and every morning I watch an episode of Saved by the Bell and then turn the TV to ESPN. Baby Jack and I listen to Mike & Mike on the way to his Grandma's (Yes, mom I know he should be listening to music, lots of music, not just country...but I think a little sports talk radio never killed anyone did it?? I think I'm just broadening his debate skills). Then I tune in to Dan Patrick or Colin for the rest of my trip into work. Yup, it's official I like sports.

More specifically, I like baseball. Cardinals Baseball. You got the point right? So what's this post all about? It's about my huge dilemma...tonight.

The Cards play the Reds. Normally this is a no brainer...root for the Cards. BUT tonight a friend from High School is pitching for the Reds! Yes, you read that right, I know a Major League Baseball Player! I'm so excited! In fact, I don't just KNOW a MLB player...I went to homecoming with him! Now, I'll be the first to admit we haven't stayed close, I don't know his phone number, and to be perfectly honest with you I didn't remember that he just had a birthday until I wikipedia'd him...but I STILL KNOW A MLB Player! Now, on to the dilemna...who do I root for? The Cards? Or Sam and the Reds?

I think I've decided. I want Sam to pitch a wonderfully perfect game. I want Pujols to strike out every time he faces Mr. Lecure. Then, I want the Reds closer to royally mess up, the Cards go on a big run late in the game, Pujols to hit a grandslam (or 2!?), and the Reds to ultimately lose the game. No fault of Mr. Sam Lecure. I think that would make just about everyone happy. Too much to ask? I don't think so either.

Here's a picture I snagged of Sam Lecure off the internet. (Cue squealing, obnoxious, excited voice) Did I mention that I know a professional baseball player?

No comments:

Post a Comment