Thursday, June 10, 2010

4 Months Old



6.9.10

Dear Jack,

4 months old. 4 whole months! I cannot believe it. So much has happened this past month! I want to freeze time, but in the same moment I can't wait to see what the future has in store.

You are a growing machine. Every single day you look bigger than the day before. We cleaned out your "baby clothes" because you officially wear 3-6 months. And no surprise here, you have a closet full of this size too! If I had 1/2 the wardrobe you do I would never be stressed about what to wear.

You are officially a size 2 Swaddlers! Size 2: 12-18lbs. We haven't weighed you in a month, but I'm guessing 15 lbs. You feel like 100. My arm muscles are awesome. Thank you.

In the past month you have made us smile more times than should be legal. It's awesome. Your smile melts our hearts. Your laugh makes me laugh, and when you "talk" we know exactly how you feel.

I have a feeling you are going to be a ham. Center stage. (Just like your dad). You want all eyes on you. ALL. OF. THE. TIME. And since we are wrapped around your pudgy little finger, we happily oblige. You most often take center stage to present a monologue only you can understand, but that we completely get.

Sleeping still isn't your favorite event. In fact for 2 nights straight you let us sleep for 7+ hours. Thank you. I think you new we really needed it.

Since you are a little bigger we have been able to take you on quite a few adventures! Although you won't remember them, we will...fondly.

You took your first dip in the pool. GMA let us go to her condo and swim with you! I think you thought it was a big bathtub. You kicked, kicked, kicked and seemed to really enjoy yourself until you got tired and had a meltdown. Don't worry we took pictures.

You went on your very first road trip. We made a quick trip up to DC for a baseball game. This meant a 3.5 hour car ride, the Metro, the game, and spending the night in your pack-n-play. You were such a trooper. I think you really liked the game (especially the lights). The Nats won & we totally messed up your sleep schedule.

There was 1 scary time this month. Our trip to the CHKD ER. Hands down the scariest night of our lives. But have numerous tests you were fine, just a nasty viral infection. It was heartbreaking.

Just recently we got a jogger. And we use it. I know you love seeing the neighborhood. (2 miles of it anyway). We need the exercise, you like the sight seeing, it's a win-win.

You have been the light of our lives, the wind in our sails, and the most wonderful blessing for 4 months. We cannot imagine a single day without you. 4 months = 120 days and we've loved each and every one of them. We are 2 very lucky people.

Love always and forever,

Mom and Dad

PS It is ok to sleep for long stretches at night. I swear you aren't missing a single thing. Pretty please?


1 comment:

  1. Baby J - you are so handsome! I can't wait for you to come back to Missouri so I can see you again! :)

    ReplyDelete