Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Everybody Poops


Except my child. Seriously, there have been days (that feel like weeks) that he doesn't poop. Lots and lots of gas, but no dirty diapers. UNTIL, The Big One. We measure those days in wipes. Example:
Me: Jack pooped today
Christopher: Oh yeah?
Me: It was a 5 wipes poop

Last night was the mother of all. I lost count at 6 wipes and 3 diapers. Seriously, the kid wore 4 diapers in the span of 20 minutes. Thankfully Chris was there to hold the new diaper under him while he kept going and going and going. His rearend was like a commercial for the Energizer Bunny. As I'm sure you can all imagine, I'm dramatically squealing "Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh" and Chris is calmly saying "Really? Do you need to panic?" YES I NEED TO PANIC, the kid has poop squirting out of him and we are "catching" it in a diaper THAT IS NOT ATTACHED TO HIS BODY! Seriously though, it was really funny.

Serious note, he really doesn't go. Hardly at all. I've called the doctor and have been told that many strictly breastfed babies don't poop very regularly. They've even heard of babies that have gone 18 days without a dirty diaper! Our record is 6....and I was panicking all 6 days. Can you imagine?

2 comments:

  1. This is too funny......just glad it wasn't on "my watch".
    I'm sure he feels better now.
    Love me some Baby Jack.....(and Mom and Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally normal. Haven't experienced it with Hank...but have heard of SO many breastfeeding moms that experienced it with their babies. Aren't bowel movements fun?

    ReplyDelete