Sunday, February 20, 2011

Too quickly...

I looked at my dayplanner (iPhone) today and realized OHMYGOSH February is more than halfway over!  Soon it will be March, April, my trip to LA, and May... I will probably blink and 2011 will be 2012 and then next thing I know Jack will be driving or worse, married and I'll be a grandma!  Classic me; total overreaction.  Back up..real life...Jack is 1.  And I am in my 20s.  But seriously, February is really flying by.  I think when I'm actually a grandma I want to be "Nonie" or "Nona", maybe "Oma".  Mainly I want to be awesome.  Just like Jack's Nana and GMA.

Back to the point of this post.  Wait, is there a point to this post?  Not yet?  The point is to thank CDitty.  For what?  Being awesome.  That's what.  (Side note:  awesome is my current favorite word.  In a thank you note I wrote this week I used awesome no less than 5 times.  IN 5 SENTENCES!)

Life is funny.  The twists and turns, ups and downs.  Each event is the sometimes direct, sometimes indirect result of another event.  There are endless amounts of scenarios and countless people to thank (Annie Fannie) for leading me to CDitty.  Because of him life's ups are really up and the downs don't seem to be half as bad as they would be alone. 

So here is a toast to CDitty.  Thank you for being my 100% complete opposite.  You are my dark haired, handsome, calm, and spontaneous hubby.  Thank you for being my goofy, studious (ha), hardworking partner.  Thank you for picking me and loving me.  Bust most of all, thank you for being an awesome dad,  an incredibly generous father, and a total role model for Jack.  There is not a person in this world I would rather share life's twists and turns with.  Because of you life's ups and downs seem like a fun roller coaster and sometimes (I repeat sometimes) aren't all that stressful.

1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU for choosing my son as your partner in life~ It makes me so proud to see the man he has become & you continue to impress me as a wife, mother, daughter, & daughter(in-law). Jack is one lucky, blessed, & LOVED little boy; as are you and Christopher.

    ReplyDelete